Steamer. How to save time?


We all love to eat, right? But cooking does not always have the time, and in the mornings we often swallow a couple of sandwiches with not quite useful sausage and run to work. For the simple reason that morning, we can not long stand at the stove to cook something that is not too harmful for the stomach.

That's where we can and come to the aid appliance? I was a little doubt in the acquisition of this miracle technology, and all around in one voice assured me that it will take a week or two and that unit will be useless to gather dust in my kitchen. But I still took a risk and bought a steamer, after having thoroughly studied the Internet for the best model. And I do not regret!

I completely solved the problem of the breakfast: the night wondering what I will cook in the morning, and barely woke up, packed products in the appliance, turn the timer and go quietly into the shower - in fact nothing prigorit, not run away and not digested! Even when the timer turns off, the food remains hot for a long time.

And now tell you in detail about some of the dishes that I cook for a couple, dividing them into two categories - breakfast and dinner.

Breakfast

Soft-boiled eggs. Do not believe it, but very convenient in steamer to boil eggs. Do not wait until the water boils, do not need to note the time - and it always as expected! Depending on the cooking appliance are different, and it is written in the enclosed instructions. Experiments I found that hard-boiled eggs are obtained for 12 minutes, boiled - 7. True, they should be immediately removed from the steamers, or they digest, so this dish I cook until I make coffee.

Omelette. Mix 3-4 eggs with a half a glass of milk, salt, pepper, dried herbs and pour this mixture in a glass of frozen vegetables, buried in a container of rice. By the way, the capacity for rice - an ordinary plastic bowl, except for her, I use any plastic dishes for microwave ovens - turns out great! The most delicious omelet obtained with corn and green peas, and you can top with grated cheese. Prepare all of 20 minutes.

Oatmeal. I know all about the benefits of oatmeal. But it is not love! And that only I have not tried to add to it - to eat this mess, I did not want. But as it turns out in the steamer - it's just something! Her cooking is very simple: a glass of oatmeal - the same amount of milk, water and grains of frozen corn, a pinch of salt. Everything in the bowl for the rice and stir. 40-50 minutes - and very tasty porridge is ready. Now this is my favorite breakfast!

Congee. This dish, too, was not one of my favorite - before his meeting with the appliance. Now I often cook it - delicious, sweet breakfast provided! For that magma I poured into a container of rice to 2 / 3 cup kruglozernistogo rice, pour two glasses of milk (or in half with water), add sugar to taste and a little vanilla. Prepared pap about an hour, but 30-40 minutes later it was better to mix and top up with water in the steamer.

Rice with vegetables. A cup of rice lying, 1.5 cups of boiling water, add spices and frozen vegetables: peas, beans, sweet peppers. You can add those vegetables that you like. After 40 minutes take out of the steamers, mix, add diced ham and feta cheese and put another 10 minutes. Sausage and cheese add optional, but so much more tasty.

Try to cook buckwheat, corn porridge, scrambled eggs with various additives and even fried eggs - do not be afraid to experiment! You will discover many delicious dishes for breakfast.

Meals

Chicken breast with vegetables. Chicken or meat, you are going to cook for a couple of better pre-soaked in marinade. Usually I put the cut into pieces the breast for a day here in this mixture: balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, pepper, dried dill and parsley. You can add the wine. Hen turns out unusually juicy and delicious!

And now - how to cook. Place slices of marinated breast in the lower basket steamers at a small distance from each other. In the upper basket piled frozen vegetables - color and brussels sprouts, green beans, peas, corn - all together or one thing. I put the timer for 20 minutes. Vegetables are not pre-Sol, and moisten the ready-made soy sauce - so much more tasty.

Trout with vegetables. Steak trout, sprinkled with salt and flavored with lemon juice, put in the lower basket steamers, at the top - color or brussels sprouts and cabbage can take the place of potatoes. Simmer 20 minutes, then lightly salted vegetable. Very, very tasty!

Dumplings. If you never ate dumplings from steamers, you lost a lot! They never boil soft and get very juicy. Cook them very easy: fill the basket, leaving the distance between the dumplings - and put the timer for 15 minutes. Just cook and mantle, only need a little more time. Before, I did not recognize the ravioli without cream, but now eat them just like that, without any additives - they are so tasty!

Cheese Casserole with oranges. As soon as I tested this recipe was to cook it twice in a week - and could not tear myself away. At first I was afraid of - how can get a couple of casserole? But it turned out - and so tender and delicious! Cook it very simple: Mix 1-2 teaspoons semolina with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar, a pack of cottage cheese (I took a low-fat), egg and spoon sour cream or yogurt. All how to mix in a pot for the rice, add vanilla, cinnamon, finely chopped peeled orange, mix again and put in a steamer for 30 minutes. You can make pudding with raisins, peanuts, apples - let your imagination run wild!

Chicken soup. Sliced chicken, potatoes, greens, zazharku of onions and carrots (I've got so dried seasoning - salt free, and glutamate, it turns out very tasty soup!), Add water, salt and pepper and put in a steamer for 30-40 minutes.

Shrimp. Cooked in water shrimp over steamed - just malosedobnoe something. I like prawns: directly frozen poured them into the basket, Sol, pepper, moisten with lemon juice and boil for 15 minutes.

Eggplant stuffed. Eggplant cut in half, take out the pulp with a spoon, I cut it into cubes, mix with minced or chopped chicken, turkey or pork, Sol, Perch. With chicken breast turns a diet dish! Stuffed eggplant halves with the mixture, top stack thin plate of cheese. And in the steamer for 40 minutes.

It turns tender and tasty - my husband very much! At first I was hesitant to cook eggplant is steamed, I thought that it must necessarily fry or bake. But then about this recipe I told a friend, and now I am so often cook.

Now, if you need something to cook, I will cook for a couple, even if the next meal to cook on the stove. Taste of food is only getting better! Buy appliance, If you do not already have, and begin to prepare delicious low-fat meals, while saving time and always get excellent results.